Bribery is a form of corruption. It is the act of implying or receiving money or gift to alter the behavior of an individual. Offering or accepting a bribe is unethical but also illegal. GPW Recruitment operate a zero tolerance policy in relation to offering and accepting bribes. To ensure compliance and transparency of all business activities, the Board of Directors are fully informed of all circumstances either acceptable or unacceptable that arise.
Below is a list of potential circumstances, but not inclusive, that would be deemed acceptable once approved by the Board of Directors:
• occasional meals with someone GPW does business with
• occasional entertainment at sports, theatre, music or other cultural events
• gifts of small value, such as pens, mugs, rulers or small promotional items
Below is a list of potential circumstances, but not inclusive, that would be deemed unacceptable and therefor would not be approved by the Board of Directors or GPW Recruitment:
• a ‘quid pro quo’ or in other words “you scratch my back, and I’ll scratch yours”
• cash or voucher gifts
• entertainment of a sexual or inappropriate nature
Decisions as to what is acceptable are not always easy. Any doubts GPW employees have as to whether a potential act constitutes bribery will be discussed fully with the Board of GPW Directors.