Do I have the right to work in the UK?

Home » Do I have the right to work in the UK?

UK, Swiss and Selected EEA Nationals (20 countries)

If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Switzerland or one of the following European Economic Area (EEA) countries, you have the right to work in the UK:

• Austria
• Belgium
• Cyprus
• Denmark
• Finland
• France
• Germany
• Greece
• Iceland
• Ireland
• Italy
• Liechtenstein
• Luxembourg
• Malta
• Netherlands
• Norway
• Portugal
• Spain
• Sweden

EEA Nationals: Countries

If you are a national of one the following ten EEA countries, you will, have the right to work in the UK for an indefinite period:

• Czech Republic
• Estonia
• Hungary
• Latvia
• Lithuania
• Poland
• Slovakia
• Slovenia
With effect from 01/01/2014
• Bulgarian
• Romanian

You are no longer required to register with the Home Office within 30 days of commencement of employment under the Worker Registration Scheme. Right to work checks for you are now the same as for other EEA nationals; that is, you need to provide evidence of your right to work by producing approved documents

Working in the UK

This section provides detailed guidance on the different immigration categories available to foreign nationals. It is important that you read the eligibility requirements for your chosen category before you make an application.